[opensuse] kde4 speed tips - got any?

Listmates,

After 2 months working with kde 4.3 beta 2, one thing that is apparent is that it feels slow compared to kde3. Menu crispness, start time, etc. are all very sluggish compared to kde3. I rarely use kde3 anymore, but when I do start kde3, I'm amazed at how fast it is compared to kde4.

This isn't because my laptop is just slow. AMD Turion-58, 4G of RAM, SATA II drive, the hardware should be fine. Start time on kde3 on this box is just about 7 seconds (login to desktop loaded). KDE4 is well over 25 seconds to accomplish the same task.

Are there any tips for speeding kde4 up? We are now at 4.2.96 from factory x86_64. Sven, etc. do you see any speed improvements for kde4 coming?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC