Re: [opensuse] ping and telnet solves hostname to different IP addresses?

Anders Johansson wrote:
Sounds like a coincidence. I bet if you were to do
host svn.realss.com

a bunch of times, you would get the 202.106.199.36 a few times, just as you
say your network is configured to do. The fact that it happened just as you
switched to telnet must have been a coincidence. They both use the normal
glibc lookup functions to convert a host name to IP address

Not so sure. After I posted the message I edited /etc/hosts to add a
line specify

221.219.118.212 as svn.realss.com and re-run two commands, the output stays the same, so telnet ignored /etc/hosts setting (???) .

  • Re: 2 pc network - cant see host files from pc 2 on pc 1
    ... If the second card is lost on HOST PC then DSL Internet does not connect. ... Ditch the second network card in the one ...
  • Re: Emailing web form information to me
    ... Which version of Publisher are you using? ... both FTP uploading and FPSE uploading. ... use of FPSE and using the form program provided by your host? ... Instead you need to map a network ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • 2wire router configuration
    ... firewall on this router and to configure my network ... Go to Home Network -> Advanced Settings ... X Default DHCP Pool ... Configure host to use DHCP with host name sent ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Do I Have A Firewalled LAN Run By ISP In Between?
    ... from that host while at host ... running a layer within a layer, with a complex network address translation ... application called "Internet Connection Sharing". ... what those packets are for, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: A question for the list...
    ... attempts to remove the virus from the host. ... -If a command can be given in a channel to "shut down" the network of hosts, ... wireless LANs require network security policies ... that are enforced to protect WLANs from known vulnerabilities and threats. ...
    (Incidents)