Re: [opensuse] General Poor quality of Opensuse

On Sun, 2009-07-12 at 19:15 +0200, Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Samstag, 11. Juli 2009 03:44:30 schrieb Charles Philip Chan:
Beagle ! what a total pain and complete resource hog once again it
needs to be a LOT easier to un-install or not install at all With the
requisite warning for those that do install it beware it will hog your
CPU for excessive amounts of time ,
Another program I detest. However, you can not fault OpenSUSE only
again, since this is part of a default a Gnome installation.
It is kind of openSUSE's fault because they install it by default, even with a
KDE installation and although somehow not active by default, it does use the
CPU and harddisk.

It absolutely does *not* consume CPU or IO if not activated.

Disabling Beagle is well covered at
<http://en.opensuse.org/Disabling_Beagle> It can even be partially
disabled; such as not indexing Firefox traffic, etc...

The Beagle FAQ <http://beagle-project.org/Troubleshooting_CPU> is also a
good read.

  • Re: building a new DIY PC
    ... I will install the Zalman CNPS9700 LED cooler now before bringing into the ... I can go buy a bunch of other parts so I could tell myself if it's the CPU ... chip, motherboard, RAM sticks, which the RAM stick are brand new also, ... shouldn't be a problem now with the CPU chip and motherboard. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • In the midst of chaos, an adventure can be found Topic Summary: A beginners journey into the realm o
    ... I've built it up and am installing windows. ... AMD CPU Driver & Optimizer. ... Quick restart then the mobo drivers, another restart and on go the ... I install ASUS PC Probe and the AI Booster utilities. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • OpenBSD 3.9 and simh.
    ... I'm trying to install OpenBSD on Simh. ... panic: cannot mount root ... set cpu conhalt ... ;; has been attached and the default boot device set ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • Re: kernel mess
    ... That was a traditional i386 install, no problem, very ... Then I purchased a new cpu, ... These two kernels are installed alongside my 2.6.8-2-k7 and all of them ... But the hardware is able to run 64bit (amd64) debian-installers from. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: SMP detection
    ... I have the SMP-GENERIC kernel ... I've decided to disable SMP from BIOS. ... way to install one already precompiled? ... cpu and the system monitor only features one ...
    (freebsd-questions)