Re: [opensuse] General Poor quality of Opensuse
- From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 08:26:06 -0400
On Sun, 2009-07-12 at 19:15 +0200, Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Samstag, 11. Juli 2009 03:44:30 schrieb Charles Philip Chan:
It is kind of openSUSE's fault because they install it by default, even with aBeagle ! what a total pain and complete resource hog once again itAnother program I detest. However, you can not fault OpenSUSE only
needs to be a LOT easier to un-install or not install at all With the
requisite warning for those that do install it beware it will hog your
CPU for excessive amounts of time ,
again, since this is part of a default a Gnome installation.
KDE installation and although somehow not active by default, it does use the
CPU and harddisk.
It absolutely does *not* consume CPU or IO if not activated.
Disabling Beagle is well covered at
<http://en.opensuse.org/Disabling_Beagle> It can even be partially
disabled; such as not indexing Firefox traffic, etc...
The Beagle FAQ <http://beagle-project.org/Troubleshooting_CPU> is also a
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Re: Re: General Poor quality of Opensuse
- Next by Date: [opensuse] Beagle frontend (was: General Poor quality of Opensuse)
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Re: General Poor quality of Opensuse
- Next by thread: [opensuse] Beagle frontend (was: General Poor quality of Opensuse)