Re: [opensuse] Re: Please vote for Dolphin Crashes when connecting to MS share

On Tuesday 28 July 2009 05:14:48 pm Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Greg Freemyer<greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The above bug is resolved for me with KDE 4.3 RC3.

In fact, I found the browsing superior to prior KDE3 efforts at
browsing a MS Workgroup.

4.3 is just getting better and better.

Agreed. But looking under the hood, there are still a substantial number of bugs equivalent in functional impact to this "browsing smb shares" that still must be resolved before you will be able to install kde4 "in place of" instead of "along side of" kde3. But it is making progress.

The ironic part is we are nearly on the ".3 production release" and for all practical purposes, the desktop still isn't really finished yet. How are we nearly on ".3" but still getting rid of "beta" issues? I always thought "alph" came before "beta" which came before the ".0" (dot O) release...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC