Re: [opensuse] Re: Please vote for Dolphin Crashes when connecting to MS share

On Tuesday 28 July 2009 05:14:48 pm Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Greg Freemyer<greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The above bug is resolved for me with KDE 4.3 RC3.

In fact, I found the browsing superior to prior KDE3 efforts at
browsing a MS Workgroup.

4.3 is just getting better and better.

Agreed. But looking under the hood, there are still a substantial number of bugs equivalent in functional impact to this "browsing smb shares" that still must be resolved before you will be able to install kde4 "in place of" instead of "along side of" kde3. But it is making progress.

The ironic part is we are nearly on the ".3 production release" and for all practical purposes, the desktop still isn't really finished yet. How are we nearly on ".3" but still getting rid of "beta" issues? I always thought "alph" came before "beta" which came before the ".0" (dot O) release...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC

  • [kde] Some more weeks of KDE4 usage (was: Re: A week of KDE4 usage)
    ... distros and you'll see that KDE SC isn't as bad as you think. ... I'm not the only one with this bug. ... Which means that _all_ Dolphin instances crash. ... a folder in a dolphin window, but just as I drop it the file list starts ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Whats the official status of 3.5.x, anyway?
    ... It is bullshit when you state that you are being forced to use KDE4. ... many reasons, mostly unconnected with KDE. ... support bug. ... No devs, firefox, konqueror, IE, otherwise, are going to be able to ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Another KDE 4.x print problem?
    ... without logging into KDE 4 a digging around a while. ... There's a big bug about it with lots of votes, ... working in kde4 was a serious blocker to switching, ... The solution here was a script and matching config I hacked up. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Why KDE4 is called KDE?
    ... There is a bug for that. ... Panel transparency depends on your plasma theme. ... I do not know how your KDE 3.5 theme ... I don't recall a mention of the kde4 version we're talking about here, ...
    (KDE)
  • [kde] Re: Spread desktop on television - 4.6.0 problems
    ... something that seemed to be related to kde to help with drivers. ... There's a very possibly related kde bugzilla filing on similar behavior, ... Back to my bug. ... As for kpackage or whatever, Gentoo uses its own package system primarily ...
    (KDE)