RE: [opensuse] Fresh openSUSE11.1, best approach?
- From: Philip Dowie <philip.dowie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:30:16 +1200
I can confirm problems, that require lengthy manual resolution.
Mostly it is bunch of vendor change messages, where new vendor is openSUSE
contains this line
## vendors = nvidia,suse,opensuse
it defines equivalent vendors.
Uncomment, add openSUSE Build Service. That should prevent 1001 message about vendor change, although, I'm not sure is string >"obs" accepted by zypper/package management, or it has to be:
Vendor: openSUSE Build Service
Thats useful! My partner's machine (11.1) stopped working recently (no X, KDE 4.3), and she couldn't figure out how to make it go again - it was whinging about QT... Turns out, re-installing kdm (which forced all the vendor change stuff) did the trick.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Fresh openSUSE11.1, best approach?
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] lnusertemp, check installation
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Fresh openSUSE11.1, best approach?
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Fresh openSUSE11.1, best approach?