Re: [opensuse] Creating a group of conserned Users and Novell partners/longer life time for openSUSE... (LONG POST)

Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
Hello,

With the annoucement today.

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-announce/2009-08/msg00009.html

that openSUSE is on a 18 month cycle, maybe we need to form a group...

The thought is that a possible out come of this group maybe an openSLE
which would be like this model

fedora->centos->RHEL

but for SUSE
-SLES
openSUSE->openSLE->SLE-|
-SLED

This is from the end of the project meeting.
I hope the boat has not sailed already and it is too late.

My thoughts from what I have heard from talks with clients, IRC chats,
and misc.

WARNING (This is my honest view/perception and is not politically
correct)

1. Many small business owners/small companies feel there is a lack of
attention to their needs from Novell. That is to say Novell only
listens to "Monster Enterprise Clients"

Solution: We form a group that combined has equivelant $$$ behind it
to warrent attention.

[Rest pruned]

Alright everybody - everybody ignore this message from Boyd, bury your
heads in the sand (therefore showing how big of an arse you have) and
pretend that all is perfect with openSUSE!

(BTW, who IS running openSUSE now? It was Andreas Jaeger until recently).

And my personal Thanks to Peter who had the intestinal fortitude to
respond to the above message (the one and only response!).

And in unison with Peter I now state "+1 more".

BC

--
Insanity is only a state of mind.