Re: [opensuse] Re: Odd behavior when printing a local variable in gdb

On Thursday 20 August 2009 00:35:51 Philipp Thomas wrote:
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:52:18 +0200, you wrote:
Actually there seems to be a bug in gcc4.3 compiler not allowing to print
local variables from C++ constructors

To rule out that the compiler has simply optimized out the variable
compile the code with -O0 which will disable all optimizations. If the
variable is still invisible to gdb you should file a bug for gcc (see
the opensuse wiki for how to report gcc bugs).

This bug has already been signaled to the gcc team and it seems to be
corrected in g++4.4

  • Re: c compilation - gcc vs visual c
    ... I recently compiled a numerically intensive c project under cygwin gcc ... MS focuses a lot more on specific optimizations, ... the simplest approach, however (and the one I currently use in my compiler), ... (silly code), are ones I focus on fixing. ...
  • Re: Noob Guestion About Make.conf
    ... documentation about GCC compiler options. ... Not all optimizations are controlled directly by a flag. ... CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C ... If you expect bug reports to be taken seriously, ...
  • Re: Request for help
    ... My compiler, and the development environment can be downloaded at no ... Gcc 2.95 results differs from gcc 3.4. ... I have reported bugs to GNU several times. ... And if this was a bug, ...
  • Re: miscompilation of volatiles?
    ... a bug in that gcc port. ... you must read the documentation that the ... If the compiler documentation says that, ...
  • Re: /Od compiler option problem
    ... >> found out that when I had the compiler option /Od set the project would ... >> work properly but when it was not set the bug would appear. ... > When optimizations are enabled the compiler may do those things and more. ... > declare success again or you can try to find the cause. ...