Re: [opensuse] Re: Odd behavior when printing a local variable in gdb

On Thursday 20 August 2009 00:35:51 Philipp Thomas wrote:
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:52:18 +0200, you wrote:
Actually there seems to be a bug in gcc4.3 compiler not allowing to print
local variables from C++ constructors

To rule out that the compiler has simply optimized out the variable
compile the code with -O0 which will disable all optimizations. If the
variable is still invisible to gdb you should file a bug for gcc (see
the opensuse wiki for how to report gcc bugs).

Philipp

This bug has already been signaled to the gcc team and it seems to be
corrected in g++4.4

Bogdan

  • Re: c compilation - gcc vs visual c
    ... I recently compiled a numerically intensive c project under cygwin gcc ... MS focuses a lot more on specific optimizations, ... the simplest approach, however (and the one I currently use in my compiler), ... (silly code), are ones I focus on fixing. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Noob Guestion About Make.conf
    ... documentation about GCC compiler options. ... Not all optimizations are controlled directly by a flag. ... CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C ... If you expect bug reports to be taken seriously, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Request for help
    ... My compiler, and the development environment can be downloaded at no ... Gcc 2.95 results differs from gcc 3.4. ... I have reported bugs to GNU several times. ... And if this was a bug, ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: miscompilation of volatiles?
    ... a bug in that gcc port. ... you must read the documentation that the ... If the compiler documentation says that, ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: /Od compiler option problem
    ... >> found out that when I had the compiler option /Od set the project would ... >> work properly but when it was not set the bug would appear. ... > When optimizations are enabled the compiler may do those things and more. ... > declare success again or you can try to find the cause. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc)