Re: [opensuse] Reply to G T Smith

Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> [08-30-09 22:49]:

I encourage every one to waste no time fiddling with activities.

They are horribly broken and unstable at this point. So much so that
I have not been able to achieve three consecutive days without
activities running wild, multiplying like rabits and just generally
getting hozed.

They may be workable by release 4.3

I'd rather see everyone get together and lobby the KDE team to
abandon the concept of activities or provide a way to turn them off
totally.

The are zero improvement over multiple desktops.

I have little problem with either...

They have steadfast withheld the popular demand for different
wallpapers on each desktop so they could ramn this activities concept
down our throats.

You know not what you say! I have different wallpaper on each of my six
desktops.

OK, let me - and others - know how you have achieved this? A different
wallpaper on each of the six desktops, right? Using 11.1 or 11.2 and
KDE4.3, right? And using the 32-bit version of 11.1 or 11.2, right?

BC

--

Great Man reaches complete understanding of the main issues; Petty Man reaches complete understanding of the minute details."

Confucius

  • Re: [opensuse] Reply to G T Smith
    ... The are zero improvement over multiple desktops. ... wallpapers on each desktop so they could ramn this activities concept ... I have different wallpaper on each of my six ... Great Man reaches complete understanding of the main issues; Petty Man reaches complete understanding of the minute details." ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Reply to G T Smith
    ... On Monday 31 Aug 2009 08:16:13 Basil Chupin wrote: ... The are zero improvement over multiple desktops. ... wallpapers on each desktop so they could ramn this activities concept ... I have different wallpaper on each of my six ...
    (SuSE)
  • BMP Wallpaper without Webpage
    ... I am struggling to set a bmp wallpaper for all the desktops using Group ... Also, if a user changes the wallpaper from Registry, the Group Policy is not ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: [opensuse] Reply to G T Smith
    ... The are zero improvement over multiple desktops. ... wallpapers on each desktop so they could ramn this activities concept ... widgets that do anything butter than applications. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: domain computers to have same wallpaper - Group Policy
    ... We don't use roaming profiles for all users. ... own PC's or desktops. ... I hope that tomorrow I will be able to see if the Wallpaper policy works ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)