Re: [opensuse] Beware the ides of PHP53

On 31/08/09 13:16, David C. Rankin wrote:

(P.S. if it still won't work, just disable the php repo and downgrade to php
5.2.9 in the updates repository - works fine as well)

BTW.. it does work (now, after fixing a nasty problem with
open_basedir...), however rpm won't overwrite your configuration files
if you modified it.

  • Re: [opensuse] Beware the ides of PHP53
    ... after fixing a nasty problem with ... however rpm won't overwrite your configuration files ... I'll reload php 5.3 and give it a go. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] vmware again
    ... > demo RPM of vmware 3, ... I'm unsure whether this is a complete kernel recompilation, ... these sufficed to have the compilation insisted on by ... > overwrite the kernel modules. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Please help,,,execute chmod -R o-r / by mistake as a root user.
    ... fixing things as far as the system files go via dong an "rpm" command ... of things that are not under RPM, such as user webpages and home ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: replacing files via rpm
    ... get's overwritten each time the package containing the original ... I'm a complete idiot when it comes to understanding rpm or spec files, but I don't think this is quite right. ... If so, you can design your packages to install the files under /usr/local and then modify the configs to use that instead of /usr, and then only the config files will have a conflict. ... the update will not overwrite your files unless you specifically tell it to. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Nanny Screening Process: How It Works
    ... Fixing the nanny's first name like that seems like a bit of a harsh ... (Admittedly 'rpm' is a very odd name for anyone.) ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)