[opensuse] replaying a recorded network sniff

Is there a way to replay or reassemble a network stream recorded via a
sniffer?
Scenario:
Using a sniffer to record network traffic from a specific computer on the lan.
I need to reconstruct a playable file from the streamed webcam.

This is to be used as a hands on test to show that one can gather intel from
just sniffing the network. To pursuade some ppl that are VERY set in their way
of thinking that the network is secure for anonymous use,..."As long as i dont
put my real name out there..."

--

/Rikard Johnels

  • Re: Firewall and IDS, (the second way).
    ... There's only two ways of detecting an IDS that I know. ... Look for the data stream from a remote sensor (sniffer) to wherever ... a network card usually discards ethernet ... This also isn't very useful for remote sniffer detection. ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • RE: Detecting Network Sniffers ???
    ... I am a network security person but not yet an expert in this field so ... Can somebody guide me on detecting a sniffer on my network. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: packet sniffing help needed.
    ... In order to sniff traffic between the two victims, ... the sniffer on the same physical network. ... can take between the two to reliably try sniffing. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: A Solution for sniffing
    ... > I think i am being sniffed by somone on my network, ... Try and detect cases of ARP Spoofing on the network. ... Usually the sniffer will try and ARP Spoof the gateway. ... Also if you are using hubs, it might be a good idea to switch to switches. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Casio IT500 and Authentication Util
    ... Checked the archives, ... is on the USB port is a sniffer still relevant? ... Re Network: ... The connection to the CE device is via a USB port which has a InfraRed ...