[opensuse] Re: replaying a recorded network sniff

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 22:56:19 +0200, Rikard Johnels wrote:

Is there a way to replay or reassemble a network stream recorded via a
sniffer?
Scenario:
Using a sniffer to record network traffic from a specific computer on
the lan. I need to reconstruct a playable file from the streamed webcam.

This is to be used as a hands on test to show that one can gather intel
from just sniffing the network. To pursuade some ppl that are VERY set
in their way of thinking that the network is secure for anonymous
use,..."As long as i dont put my real name out there..."

Wireshark has some capabilities to do this - check out the "follow
stream" capabilities.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson

  • Re: [opensuse] replaying a recorded network sniff
    ... Using a sniffer to record network traffic from a specific computer on the lan. ... I need to reconstruct a playable file from the streamed webcam. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Firewall and IDS, (the second way).
    ... There's only two ways of detecting an IDS that I know. ... Look for the data stream from a remote sensor (sniffer) to wherever ... a network card usually discards ethernet ... This also isn't very useful for remote sniffer detection. ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • RE: Detecting Network Sniffers ???
    ... I am a network security person but not yet an expert in this field so ... Can somebody guide me on detecting a sniffer on my network. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • satellite - toshiba c55-a5286
    ... Currently downloading FC20 to see if that makes a diffference ... Right now, when I do a centos install, the page that has the network ... Capabilities: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: packet sniffing help needed.
    ... In order to sniff traffic between the two victims, ... the sniffer on the same physical network. ... can take between the two to reliably try sniffing. ...
    (Security-Basics)