[opensuse] Re: replaying a recorded network sniff

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 22:56:19 +0200, Rikard Johnels wrote:

Is there a way to replay or reassemble a network stream recorded via a
sniffer?
Scenario:
Using a sniffer to record network traffic from a specific computer on
the lan. I need to reconstruct a playable file from the streamed webcam.

This is to be used as a hands on test to show that one can gather intel
from just sniffing the network. To pursuade some ppl that are VERY set
in their way of thinking that the network is secure for anonymous
use,..."As long as i dont put my real name out there..."

Wireshark has some capabilities to do this - check out the "follow
stream" capabilities.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson