Re: [opensuse] This dolphin bites

David C. Rankin schrieb:
On Wednesday 02 September 2009 06:19:58 am Herbert Graeber wrote:

Mike Grau schrieb:

OS: Linux 2.6.27.25-0.1-default x86_64
System: openSUSE 11.1 (x86_64)
KDE: 4.3.00 (KDE 4.3.0) "release 152"

Using Dolphin, I right click on a file bringing up the context menu. I
select "Rename ..." and rename the file. The file appears in Dolphin
with the new name and a "ls" at the command line shows that the file has
indeed been renamed. Why then in Dolphin when I drag (copy) this file to
another folder (local or remote) does it place the file in the directory
with the old name rather than the new name?

Is this

A known bug that has been addressed?

Yes, it is a known KDE bug, not openSUSE specific. It is fixed in KDE
4.3.1.

NO :-)
I haven't checked it myself. But the fix is contained in the changelog.

Herbert

  • Re: [opensuse] This dolphin bites
    ... Using Dolphin, I right click on a file bringing up the context menu. ... and rename the file. ... Yes, it is a known KDE bug, not openSUSE specific. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] This dolphin bites
    ... Using Dolphin, I right click on a file bringing up the context menu. ... and rename the file. ... Yes, it is a known KDE bug, not openSUSE specific. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] dolphin kde 4.9 how to get rid of online rename
    ... old way and the traditional inline rename. ... the difference are that now you edit the new name directly on the name showed in dolphin window, before a dedicated window was opened to do this, I use dolphin expecially for the filter facility, it's fantastic:-)) ... Select file properties, and do the rename in the resulting window, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Changing Permissions for User
    ... Roman wrote: ... copy files using Dolphin from another user directory to my directory? ... I'm using openSUSE 11.1. ... and change the value for "umask for home ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] This dolphin bites
    ... Using Dolphin, I right click on a file bringing up the context menu. ... and rename the file. ... with the new name and a "ls" at the command line shows that the file has ...
    (SuSE)