Re: [opensuse] This dolphin bites

David C. Rankin schrieb:
On Wednesday 02 September 2009 06:19:58 am Herbert Graeber wrote:

Mike Grau schrieb:

OS: Linux 2.6.27.25-0.1-default x86_64
System: openSUSE 11.1 (x86_64)
KDE: 4.3.00 (KDE 4.3.0) "release 152"

Using Dolphin, I right click on a file bringing up the context menu. I
select "Rename ..." and rename the file. The file appears in Dolphin
with the new name and a "ls" at the command line shows that the file has
indeed been renamed. Why then in Dolphin when I drag (copy) this file to
another folder (local or remote) does it place the file in the directory
with the old name rather than the new name?

Is this

A known bug that has been addressed?

Yes, it is a known KDE bug, not openSUSE specific. It is fixed in KDE
4.3.1.

NO :-)
I haven't checked it myself. But the fix is contained in the changelog.

Herbert