Re: [opensuse] Reinstall of 11.1 troubles
- From: Nkoli <coomac@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 13:15:52 -0400
Marc Chamberlin wrote:
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:First CTRL+ALT+F1 to pull up the console. Login as root, then enter init
Well that exposed yet another problem! When I bring up a terminal and
try to type in it, all of the letters are being displayed as if they are
being typed on top of each other. In other words there is no advancement
of the curser taking place when typing in one character to the next!
So I decided to just "blind" type in the commands to su to root,
password and then sax.sh -a... That printed out a message saying Sax
was already configured and that I should run sax2 -r So again I blind
typed that in and it appears as if the display is halted, I get a brief
glimpse of what looks like the boot up output and then the display
simply goes blank and nothing further happens...
3. Afterwards, enter sax2 -r. That usually detects the right resolution
and applies the correct settings for you. Save, then use init 5 to get
your gui back.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Lenovo
- Next by Date: [opensuse] openSLE-openSUSE_LTS-wiki and list of current names proposed.
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Reinstall of 11.1 troubles - Resolved perhaps.
- Next by thread: [opensuse] Keyboard layout editor (SaX2) doesn't save new xorg.conf file