Re: [opensuse] Wireless - Unable to use WEP/WPA

On September 7, 2009 01:00:34 pm Bruce Ferrell wrote:
I have an Intel 4965AGN. it works fine with no encryption. When I try
to enable either WEP or WPA/WPA2 it failes to connect. This is under
both yast and network manager. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I think this goes back a ways.

When I got my Lenovo T-61 I was using OpenSuse 11.0 / KDE3. I had to install
not only the iwl4965 -ucode but also the ipw-firmware from my repository
before I could get my wireless functioning. It works with both ifup and
knetworkmanager just fine.

I can't tell you about KDE4 since I am not interested in using it until it
gets a little more polished.

Bob.

--
Bob Smits, bob@xxxxxxxxx