Re: [opensuse] Re: Periodic problem resolving URLs?

Clayton wrote:

OK, just had it happen again. As soon as I had the dropout (while
using Firefox), I started up SeaMonkey and tried browsing to several
sites... the same there.. no connectivity.

I opened a terminal and did a
========================
dig google.com

; <<>> DiG 9.5.0-P2 <<>> google.com
;; global options: printcmd
========================

Okay - next time, can you ping <any known address> ? Try
194.150.245.35.
If that works, your internet connection is fine. Then try to ping your
ISPs name-servers. If that works, try tcpdump on port 53 to see your
DNS request going out - and maybe in.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.1°C)

  • Re: Wireless problem
    ... WRT Avila Market, I am told that I am one of 2-3 people who ... thinking less and less that the problem might be with the hotspot. ... Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: ... Ping to DNS: ...
  • Re: Winsock provider catalog
    ... PING: transmit failed, error code 65. ... info Using home Internet connection ... info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection 3, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cant Ping My Own IP Address
    ... >machines are connected to the same D-Link router and the router is ... >a "connection refused by server" message. ... >The good computer can ping it's own IP address with no problems and ... I've even resorted to disabling the firewall/ICS service ...
  • Re: winsock error
    ... Ping sends 3 packets of data to a destination IP (or ... then my internet connection worked... ... wireless its ... Winsock and reboot), I would guess the next thing to check is the ...