[opensuse] Re: zypper: How to dist-upgrade specific packages?

Joachim Schrod wrote:

What is the best method to dist-upgrade only some packages?

My concrete case is that some Packman packages changed their vendor
field. I'd like to dist-upgrade only these packages, i.e., to
ignore the vendor change for them and to install/upgrade their
dependencies if necessary. I do not want to do a full dist-upgrade
to the whole Packman repository.

If I call "zypper update package ..." I have to manually declare
that vendor change for each and every package in the list.

I discovered that for vendor changes, zypper install will do what I

It won't do architecture changes (i686->i586), though. Any idea how
to allow that?

Joachim Schrod Email: jschrod@xxxxxxx
Roedermark, Germany