[opensuse] not preaching, using!=preaching

phanisvara das wrote:
can't you go away and preach to somebody else, pretty pretty please? now you're trying to convnce a linux list we should switch to windows desktops to avoid the hassle with linux?
----
I am in no way trying to convince anyone to go windows...if my
wrists/RSI problems weren't what they were I doubt I'd be back on windows
now. I ran linux as a desktop for 2-3 years before ulnar tunnel and spine
problems forced me to windows to at least try the voice options... I found
the windows interface bothered my wrists less, so I contend with doing most
of my desktop interface stuff on windows and using linux for as supplying
most of the resources for the windows machine -- email, DNS Doman master,
fast file store, backup server, etc. I've tried to get the NVIDIA on my
other computer (same GTX260 on my Win Box), running graphics on my Linux
box, but no luck there. I've wanted to try the linux desktop and graphics
apps and see how they've progressed and how it performs with the same
hardware as my winbox...etc.

But try to get others to switch to windows? I usually try to turn
them on to suse desktop on the rare times I've had the opportunity. Don't
take what I do as trying to convince you to do the same. I'm not trying to
tell you how you should do things, I just would prefer not to see harassment
going on when someone does something slightly 'different'.

-l

  • Re: OT: So How Would You Suggest a Confirmed Windows User Convert to Linux?
    ... So if I wanted to switch rather than fight, ... How long will it take before I can use a Linux ... machine with the same proficiency I am currently using a Windows machine? ... Virtualbox host takes hardware and software it understands and presents ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... working knowledge of Indian programmers DNA, nor of their intuitive Java ... > So Longhorn is not an experiment and Linux is an experiment? ... another chapter in the Windows story, and the Microsoft marketing machine is ... > application opens, Check the about, it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3. ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)
  • FTP DOWNLOAD! More than 6500 CRACKED SOFTWARE(CAD,CAE,CAM,ED
    ... Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005 ... DASSAULT SYSTEMES CAA ENOVIA LCA V5R13 ... ALTAIR.OPTISTRUCT V5.1 for LINUX ... ANSYS V8.0 FOR WINDOWS ...
  • Linux for Senior Citizens
    ... Linux for Senior Citizens ... For such people, I believe, Windows really is a better option: ... The kernel manages all the hardware and also looks after all running ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Internet Explorer, again
    ... > A while ago I asked about how to secure a LAN with one client running IE ... > VMware on Linux, so most of the time my wife used Linux. ... One for Linux, and one for Windows. ... > The way the switch works is it switches the power to either the Linux ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)