[opensuse] Boot Script

Dear All,

I have script was run on Redhat 9 (I put in /etc/rc.d/rc.local)

----snip---

EXT_IP="/sbin/ifconfig eth0 | grep inet | cut -d : -f 2 | cut -d \ -f 1"
INT_IP="/sbin/ifconfig eth1 | grep inet | cut -d : -f 2 | cut -d \ -f 1"
INTRANET="192.168.1.0/24"
iptables -A FORWARD -s $INTRANET -d ! $INT_IP -p tcp --dport 25 -j DROP

---snip---

But it is unable to run on SuSE 11.1 (I put in /etc/rc.d/boot.local)

Seems SuSE did not recognize the command EXT_IP="/sbin/ifconfig eth0 | grep inet | cut -d : -f 2 | cut -d \ -f 1"

Thanks a lot for your helps and advises.

Best regards,

Wong

  • Re: [SLE] Please Help ! gtk fonts -Solved !!
    ... found out that I did not have gnome-control-center installed. ... To all who advised me it would be in Control Center; ... gnome-control-center must be run from the command line. ... There is not a word anywhere from SuSE about these things and their ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: simple LAN
    ... No. Kenneth on this list learned me about the command ip a which is ... not mentioned in O'Reilly's Nutshell or the SuSE manual. ... about how to find unknown IP addresses of computers in a LAN. ... if your internet router acts as a firewall for your ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: mplayer 1.0pre2 compiling prob | gtk not found
    ... > Checking for gtk version ... ... Aparently Suse doesn't put the gtk.config file in the normal place. ... Once again, I'm not 100% sure about the command, but you can find a list ... Once again you add a parameter witch tells the configure script where to ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Installing packages
    ... Suse is there a command line packaging system similar to either urpmi ... Can I configure Yast software management to download software from ... opened up the gui installer and installed it from CD1 & 2. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Boot.local hell
    ... I have just switched to Suse from Redhat and am trying to get my US Robotics ... In Redhat I had to put a setserial command into rc.local to ... etc/init.d/boot local files and it does not work. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)