Re: [opensuse] Opera 10 crawls

On Wednesday 07 October 2009 13:51:19 David C. Rankin wrote:
On Sunday 04 October 2009 11:06:07 am Constant Brouerius van Nidek
wrote:
Using opera because I like it.System 11.1, KDE 4.3.1 regularly
updated.
De last week I found that Opera is very slow and sometimes even does
not
seem to respond. At first I thought that my internet connection was to
blame but after using Konquerer on the same sites I was struggling
with
with Opera I found a very responsive webbrowser.Still like to work
with

Any ideas where to start improving my browser?

Hmm,

Short answer -- Dunno? (but I have a guess) But I'm running w/o any
problems:

Downloaded opera-10.10-4644.gcc4.qt4.i386.rpm and since then opera is
more or less usable. Qt4 version 4.5.2. Konquerer still beats it in speed of
downloading the same site where opera stalls and needs a second start.
Still prefer opera ;)

  • Re: [opensuse] Opera 10 crawls
    ... On Wednesday 07 October 2009 03:55:24 am Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote: ... Konquerer still beats it in speed ... of downloading the same site where opera stalls and needs a second start. ... meg or so download to download and compare between opera, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Filename saving (was:Why is KDE 4 so messed up?)
    ... The idiots at Opera spoiled that also. ... To download a web-site is something different to downloading a web-page. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] Firefox 2.0 out
    ... ...I'm downloading it now. ... I'm getting kind of tired of Opera, as it just doesn't do things the ... prime time. ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Thunderbird usenet problems
    ... offered Opera as another solution, bit didn't give it a particularly ... good review. ... It's a bit slow, yes, but it's downloading the bodies too. ... could consider Opera as a backup. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: ot: linux
    ... Firefox and Opera - they all work ... perfectly and IE didn't stop me downloading or installing either other ... browser. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)