Re: [opensuse] Opera 10 crawls

On Wednesday 07 October 2009 13:51:19 David C. Rankin wrote:
On Sunday 04 October 2009 11:06:07 am Constant Brouerius van Nidek
wrote:
Using opera because I like it.System 11.1, KDE 4.3.1 regularly
updated.
De last week I found that Opera is very slow and sometimes even does
not
seem to respond. At first I thought that my internet connection was to
blame but after using Konquerer on the same sites I was struggling
with
with Opera I found a very responsive webbrowser.Still like to work
with

Any ideas where to start improving my browser?

Hmm,

Short answer -- Dunno? (but I have a guess) But I'm running w/o any
problems:

Downloaded opera-10.10-4644.gcc4.qt4.i386.rpm and since then opera is
more or less usable. Qt4 version 4.5.2. Konquerer still beats it in speed of
downloading the same site where opera stalls and needs a second start.
Still prefer opera ;)