Re: [opensuse] Dolphin in KDE 4.3.1 crashing?

On Wednesday 14 October 2009 16:26:51 Bogdan Cristea wrote:
On Wednesday 14 October 2009 17:24:20 Greg Freemyer wrote:
Guys,

My install of KDE 4.3.1 has dolphin segfaulting all the time.

I installed lots of updates and rebooted the Machine a couple days ago.

Per yast, it was built: Sun 04 Oct 2009 04:30:03 PM EDT, so it is very
new.

Since then Dolphin has been totally unreliable. It may relate to
browsing samba servers, since that is about 80% of what I do from this
machine.

Are others seeing this?

Thanks
Greg

I've seen recently a similar behavior. It's not extremely annoying, but it
happens from time to time.

What's the backtrace (with kdelibs4-debuginfo and kdebase4-debuginfo
installed)? Otherwise this thread won't go anywhere.

Will

  • Re: [opensuse] KDE 4 / 11.2 black widgets (WAS: root login not allowed from kdm)
    ... For regular KDE users, many screen components are not drawn. ... the install, like: ... Make sure an actually installed theme is selected in System Settings. ... But this goes for updates as well, if you install any updates, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Which Kubuntu?
    ... I want to upgrade a machine from Xandros 3 OCE (which seems to be entirely ... neglected by its vendor) to Ubuntu with KDE. ... old and I hope the Ubuntu install will last about as long without attention. ... Hopefully there will be fewer updates to download. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Which Kubuntu?
    ... neglected by its vendor) to Ubuntu with KDE. ... old and I hope the Ubuntu install will last about as long without attention. ... Hopefully there will be fewer updates to download. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: [opensuse] Recent updates trouble
    ... Today I have installed new updates (suse updates, kde 4.2 factory, packman) ... If you have updated NetworkManager from the openSuSE Build Service ... uninstall it and install the one from the update ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] DVD drive and cd recorder
    ... I picked this up as part of the KDE ... updates I've installed. ... I noticed something odd when I went into the YaST Install & ...
    (SuSE)