Re: [opensuse] how many folks running suse 11 are heavily into IPv6?

James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
Wrt to the external network, it would be highly desirable to begin a
slow transition to IPv6, but my main worry here is that my upstream
provider does not have the skills required to support me/my company.
There are not very many IPv6 deployments on xDSL yet.

If you need an IPv6 connection to the net, there are service providers
that will assign you some IPv6 addresses and then you tunnel IPv6 to
them via IPv4. This way, you get most of the benefits of IPv6, while
using only IPv4 from your ISP.

Good point. Yep, I have also looked into that, and we have one or two in
Switzerland, but I think we'd only use those during the
initial "getting your feet wet" period.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.9°C)

  • Re: [opensuse] Practicalities of IPv6
    ... The support is not out there. ... What does provider support have to do with deploying IPv6 on your ... resources to support the network infrastructure that they have already ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] how many folks running suse 11 are heavily into IPv6?
    ... There is just no reason not to begin phasing out IPv4. ... might be on IPv6 only addresses, ... provider does not have the skills required to support me/my company. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: ROUTETABLES & IPv6?
    ... am I correct in that multi-FIB support is currently only working for IPv4? ... is incomplete for IPv6 at the moment. ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: is a NAT device/home router - a router?
    ... Monopolies considerably easier. ... There are a couple of things driving IPv6. ... addresses in IPv4. ... headers make it easier to support new protocols etc. ...
    (comp.dcom.lans.ethernet)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] IPv6 and IPSec
    ... > require IPSec? ... And "support" can be a nebulus thing. ... all of IPv4 in toto. ... And something like 40 million IPv6 networks are routable in the ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)