[opensuse] KDE4, disable switching desktops with mouse scroll wheel

I'm running KDE 4.3.2 on my netbook.. works very well... except for
one little annoyance. The netbook has a scroll area on the right hand
side of the mouse touchpad, and it's VERY sensitive. If I happen to
have the mouse cursor on the desktop, and accidentally brush that spot
on the touchpad, the desktop spins wildly depending on how much of a
swipe I gave the scroll area.

I want to disable or remove the mouse scroll binding from the desktop
switching, but... after much searching and prodding, I cannot seem to
find any way to disable it. Anyone here know how to disconnect the
scroll wheel from desktop switching?

Switch on desktop edge is disabled (not the trigger in this case anyway)

C.