Re: [opensuse] ntp and wireless

Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I have a laptop that uses wireless controlled by Network Manager. (11.2
RC1 - and it seems to be working again!)

If I want to keep time in sync with ntp, it seems that the network must
be up when booting. Which is not the case with Network Manager. How does
one get ntp working when using Network Manager. I suspect there are
other network services that do not function. But I am interested
specifically in ntp.

Maybe not really a cure to your problems, but I'm using the standard ifup
methods, and then SCPM for different networks - I need that anyhow because I
do start/stop quite some daemons depending in which network I am and SCPM
doeas all that automagically ;^>

Pit

--
Dr. Peter "Pit" Suetterlin http://www.astro.su.se/~pit
Institute for Solar Physics

  • Re: frequency adjusting only
    ... I could not account for where in the network a packet could get held up that long. ... Suspecting such could be the case between NTP servers and clients, I designed an experiment to detect such things and found small but significant LRD effects with lags up to TWO WEEKS! ... application profile for PTP which is unicast based and has a 1:1 ... correspondence between sync and delay request/response. ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: Successful remote AES key extraction
    ... >> to make NTP discipline clocks to within microseconds? ... so that the rate of the local clock can be adjusted. ... and variations in network delays. ... to an AES timing attack. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: [opensuse] chrony and hwclock
    ... will write the system time to the hardware clock. ... The hardware clock is working fine. ... The network is up via NetworkManager ... This happens on any computer I set up with ntp starting at boot (the ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] chrony and hwclock
    ... The network is up via NetworkManager ... All I have to do now is run 'rcntp restart', ... When ntp is running, it will adjust the clock very slowly, so slow that you ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: suggestion
    ... NTP server (optional and configurable: ... that allow a single NTP server to be defined and, optionally, the GPS, ... NTP will allow you to have the GPS source as your primary reference, and the network as your secondary. ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)