Re: [opensuse] ntp and wireless

Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I have a laptop that uses wireless controlled by Network Manager. (11.2
RC1 - and it seems to be working again!)

If I want to keep time in sync with ntp, it seems that the network must
be up when booting. Which is not the case with Network Manager. How does
one get ntp working when using Network Manager. I suspect there are
other network services that do not function. But I am interested
specifically in ntp.

Maybe not really a cure to your problems, but I'm using the standard ifup
methods, and then SCPM for different networks - I need that anyhow because I
do start/stop quite some daemons depending in which network I am and SCPM
doeas all that automagically ;^>

Pit

--
Dr. Peter "Pit" Suetterlin http://www.astro.su.se/~pit