Re: [opensuse] Playing DVDs with Kaffeine in openSUSE 11.1, 64 bits with KDE 4.3

On Tuesday 03 November 2009 14:29:25 Markus Koßmann wrote:
Am Dienstag, 3. November 2009 schrieb Bogdan Cristea:
On Tuesday 03 November 2009 14:03:25 Matthias Bach wrote:
Do you have libdvdcss (VLC-Repository) installed?

Yes, I have this library installed. It's not the first time I use
Kaffeine for playing DVDs, but it does not seem to work anymore in
openSUSE 11.1

Which version of kaffeine do you run ? AFAIK only the version from
the packman repo is configured to support libdvdcss, versions from
"official" SUSE repos don't support libdvdcss.

Kaffeine/KDE3 v0.8.7 and Kaffeine/KDE4 1.0-pre2
I have activated packman repository, but I'm not sure from which repo
Kaffeine has been installed.

IWhat says 'rpm -q kaffeine' ? The version from packman is still based
on KDE3 and should live in /opt/kde3/bin. If you have both version
installed ( but IIRC that doesn'r work) , you should be able to start it
by using the full path

rpm -q kaffeine
kaffeine-0.9+1.0pre2-7.2

/opt/kde3/bin/kaffeine -v
Qt: 3.3.8b
KDE: 3.5.10 "release 21.11"
Kaffeine Player: 0.8.7

Packman provides kaffeine 0.8.8. If your version is just an older version from
packman ( rpm -qf /opt/kde3/bin/kaffeine should tell you) try to start that
version with pull path for DVD playing. If,not try to install the version from
packman ( there might be conflicts )