[opensuse] 11.2 upgrade issue: no scpm and read only root filesystem

Hi,

i tried to upgrade my notebook from 11.1 to 11.2 using zypper dup. All
worked fine before reboot. First i noticed that scpm isn't integrated in
grub any more.
The mor severe problem is that the root filesystem which is a lvm volume
with ext3 remains read only after filesystem check.
I have no idea why!

Thanks for help.

  • Kernel Panic after FC4 upgrade
    ... Having done some poking here and on google, I'm expecting this is a grub ... issue with finding my proper root filesystem, since it seems to have issues ... I'm attempting to boot from a SCSI raid array. ... title Fedora Core ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: Kernel Panic after FC4 upgrade
    ... > I can potentially try to install this package directly from safe mode if you ... >>issue with finding my proper root filesystem, since it seems to have issues ... I've tried reinstalling grub on ... >>sd0, to represent my array, but since the device map correctly points to ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: GRUB bootloader issue
    ... > Debian / GRUB bootloader. ... filesystem of Linux OS you have installed on your hard disk. ... Mount the root filesystem of your installed Linux OS. ... Change the root environment to your hard disk Linux system: ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: RedHat 9 rc.sysinit problem
    ... Jim Dickenson wrote: ... I was able to reboot the system with no problem. ... > time rc.sysinit is called so fsck gets an error that causes rc.sysinit ... The root filesystem should be mounted read-only when rc.sysinit is first ...
    (RedHat)
  • bootup problem
    ... I formatted hdb, putting my kernelse and grub etc onto hdb1, a 100Meg partition. ... I then put my root filesystem on hdb2, ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)