Re: [opensuse] My first prob with 11.2 embedded flash won't play

On 15/11/09 23:02, Clayton wrote:
Hmmm I seem to have bumped into an odd problem with my 11.2 install
(KDE4 default and Firefox).... embedded Flash will not play. For
example, this page: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8361025.stm has
a small Flash video embedded in the page. It shows the initial image
as normal with "click to play", but clicking has no effect. I've seen
the same on embedded YouTube videos - but there if I right-click on
the embedded video I have an option "Play in YouTube" and if I select
that option, YouTube is opened in a new tab and the video plays fine.

So.. given that Flash video will actually play if I am directly in
YouTube... something else is wrong, and I have no idea what. Anyone
else see this with 11.2? Or have any ideas why embedded Flash won't
play in some instances?

C.

No problem playing it here (11.2, Firefox 3.5.4).

Do you have NoScript installed and running in which case have you given
the 2 BBC URLs permission?

Nope, a plain vanilla install, with only AdBlockPlus as an extra in
FireFox using the same ABP config from my working 11.1.

Hmmmm, yet another mysterious "it doesn't work for me" :-( .

I can only say, if it would be of help, is that the 11.2 I am using is
RC2 upgraded to GM via zypper; that I am using the 32-bit version of
11.2; and that I have found that some sites will not allow video to be
shown in some parts of the world - for example my wife complains that
one site in the US will not play a video just because we are in
Australia ("Video is not available to your country" or some such :-( ).

BC

--
I work to live not live to work.

  • Re: More Spam - another song up
    ... while causing others to sell their guitar. ... here is not merely to present great music, or to inpsire people to play. ... YouTube intends to make money on the backs of both FretKiller and the ... nor is there any pre-roll post-roll or overlay ads in the video player ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: [opensuse] My first prob with 11.2 embedded flash wont play
    ... a small Flash video embedded in the page. ... as normal with "click to play", ... Or have any ideas why embedded Flash won't ... I traced it to the fact that Java ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: online source for score of Carillon by Benvenuto Terzi?
    ... had the youtube logo with a caption under it - "ALL YOUR VIDEO ARE ... so I think the vid is not as good as you claim... ... If you are not able to play it from the ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • RE: Cant open any of my saved projects!!
    ... try to open one of my saved projects in WMM: I open up WMM and click the OPEN ... that may have been saved as saved as *.dvr.ms for video or recorded OTA TV ... Wireless and Real Networls) or even WMV, etc., either won't play the file ... a general tool) is COMPLETELY Missing from VISTA' OR none of the imported ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: convert for use on youtube
    ... browser not currently recognizing any of the video formats available. ... uploaded .mov files were converted by youtube anyway. ... but they didn't play. ...
    (freebsd-questions)