Re: [opensuse] VMware workstation 7 and opensuse 11.2

Am Montag, 16. November 2009 schrieb Teruel de Campo MD:
I have just installed VMware Workstation 7.0 in opensuse 11.2 GM
[...]

In summary I do not find problems (at least initially) with vmware
workstation 64 7.0 under opensuse 11.2

Did youallready try to access an USB mass storage device ( i.e na USB thump
drive or USB attached harddrive ) with your guest ?

  • [opensuse] Blackberry 7100 Series & (openSuSE) Linux 10.2
    ... I have a friend whom I'm helping make the transition to Linux (openSuSE ... Does anyone know if VMware intends to adapt their software ... to accommodate the USB changes that first ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: usb doesnt work on bootloader on vmware
    ... You can report this issue and ask for help on the VMware forums. ... check that your USB drive is high speed capable. ... Workstation 6.0 had some strange issues when the "virtual hardware" ... I wonder what's the differents between usb port on vmware and usb port on ...
  • Re: [opensuse] Fwd: Opensuse 12.1 and visualization
    ... workstation on openSuSE 11.4 kernel 3.0.7. ... There has been a small bugfix release on Vmware 7.1.5, probably the last it will get, ... But I never had any problem running 7.1.5 on OS 11.4 on 2.6.37 kernel. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Any VMware experts on a Vista site?
    ... The VMware was initially set to NAT; changed to Bridged. ... You do this by clicking on the 'edit virtual; machine settings' option which you will find just underneath the 'Power on this vitual machine option. ... As for USB there isn't actually an option to turn it off, if the USB Controller option has 'present' in the summary box then the VM is set up to run USB. ...
  • Re: 10.2 USB Problems after Clean Re-install
    ... I had an external hard drive that I switched between my Linux machines and my windows boxes. ... I don't know how I did it but it seems that I trashed my OpenSUSE file system. ... Before I fixed it till it wouldn't work, I was able to plug in USB thumb drives or external hard drives and a window would open asking if I wanted to open it in a new window, etc. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)