Re: [opensuse] openSUSE windows Active Directory and OU=

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 22:28 +0100, Lars Müller wrote:

- automaticall mounted home from the file server or something like
roaming profiles/ homes.

There are such directories on the net for users. I have not looked in to
how they could be mounted. As it turns out, the users here log in to
their Windows systems via Novell Client for Windows. I know that on
their Windows boxes that is how they get these additional drives. I have
used the Novell Client for Linux, but I am unclear how to fit all that
with PAM/SAMBA/AD.

- unique uids on all Linux workstations.

We have thousands of users in the Active Directory. I really do not want
all of them to have access. In the LDAP entry, there is a OU= field for
those I want to be able to log in. Is it possible to limit login to
those in some specified OU= ?

See the ldap setting examples from the samba-doc package in
/usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.SUSE

Plus the explanations in the smb.conf man page.

Will do. Thanks for the pointer.

--
You can't just ask customers what they want and then try
to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll

Roger Oberholtzer

Ramböll RST/OPQ

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21