Re: [opensuse] openSUSE windows Active Directory and OU=

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 22:28 +0100, Lars Müller wrote:

- automaticall mounted home from the file server or something like
roaming profiles/ homes.

There are such directories on the net for users. I have not looked in to
how they could be mounted. As it turns out, the users here log in to
their Windows systems via Novell Client for Windows. I know that on
their Windows boxes that is how they get these additional drives. I have
used the Novell Client for Linux, but I am unclear how to fit all that
with PAM/SAMBA/AD.

- unique uids on all Linux workstations.

We have thousands of users in the Active Directory. I really do not want
all of them to have access. In the LDAP entry, there is a OU= field for
those I want to be able to log in. Is it possible to limit login to
those in some specified OU= ?

See the ldap setting examples from the samba-doc package in
/usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.SUSE

Plus the explanations in the smb.conf man page.

Will do. Thanks for the pointer.

--
You can't just ask customers what they want and then try
to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll

Roger Oberholtzer

Ramböll RST/OPQ

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

  • Re: Constant Database corruption
    ... We do not store user homes on the ... along with our windows users profiles and documents. ... Apple has not got SMB support right since it was introduced into OS X. ... machine and log in and thier my documents is mapped to thier OS X ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Novell Client login form enables reading and writing from and to the clipboard of the logged-
    ... Information Leakage, Information Injection, Unauthorized ... Novell Client for Windows, ... using the Novell client login screen, ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • User Group Policy not applying after uninstall of Novell Client
    ... A Windows 2000 domain with several OU's. ... removing the Novell client to see what happens. ... the User settings of Group Policy do not apply. ... The Computer settings are applying just fine. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Windows 2000 Server and XP Home Clients - Am I missing something??
    ... XP Homes can't join a domain. ... Upgrade them to XP Pro for the control you need. ... All of their client PCs are running Windows XP Home edition, and are members of a workgroup, ARS. ... I can see how they can map to drives, because of the full access for Everyone, but can't figure out how the server knows who is who to restrict access to the subdirectories. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • networkshare foreign folder shows as "my documents" ????
    ... we have a EMC Celerra fileserver for our Homes: ... and that users folder is named "my documents" ???? ... HOW the hell would my windows 7 and colleaques windows XP come to show me ...