[opensuse] Local mail on 11.2

Hi all,

It does not appear that local mail on a new install of 11.2 is working. The
main reason I want this is to have root's messages sent to me. I selected
this option during the installation and /etc/aliases contains the line

root: don

That was all that I recall doing with previous versions, but it does not
appear to be working this time. I've been using kmail and zero messages have
shown up over the last week. As a test at the command line I just tried

don@linux-ath64:~> mail don
Subject: A test
This is a test
..
EOT

So as I understand it a message should have been sent. But then

don@linux-ath64:~> mail
No mail for don

I really don't know much about how to configure this - it always "just worked"
before.

Any suggestions?

--
Don

  • RE: fedora-list Digest, Vol 12, Issue 203
    ... >the Install programs app to get all the Development stuff at once. ... >Yes, I have tried running it from the command line, it just died with no ... >which defaulted to LVM use on a single drive. ... > O splendente, che vieni dalle sorgenti del Nilo, ...
    (Fedora)
  • New Debian31r1 Install - help me optimize - TNT2 - sudo - KDE - Xwindows
    ... of futzin with a new debian ... install, which was needed after a munged KNOPPIX install (I know, I ... the command 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86' (which allowed me to ... trying to get the SOUND working yet..there's what seems to be a PCI ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Installing Net Framework Service Pack 1
    ... You *do* have a valid install of 1.1, ... We had already established that I had changed the ASP.NET tab to ... That's not a registry command. ... Here I try to enter the directory where the Net Framework 1.1 ...
  • Re: How do I install an application using a custom component
    ... If your command is still set up to launch cmd.exe with the path to batch file you can add "pause" command there to catch the CMD ... there is a flag (Install Shiled supported) that you can add to the setup.exe ... Use the same FBA Generic command. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: What are the core packages for a desktops Linux desktop distribution?
    ... Your use of the term package is a bit confusing ... You'll need the mount command as well. ... As for Gnome, if you are going for minimalism, I ... wouldn't install it - you don't need it. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)