[opensuse] Device notifier sort of broken?
- From: John Bennett <hornetster@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:09:39 +1000
Put this in the Suse forums, but no joy, so thought I would try here...
Have installed 11.2 and basically pretty impressed, but...
a few little problems starting to show. The current one is device
notifier (or an associate), which will not allow any device to be
unplugged once it has been inserted.
If I insert a CD/DVD, or plug in any USB drive, and immediately try and
unplug, I always get the message "Could not unmount the device. One or
more files on this device are open within an application" (or similar).
I get no output from :
john@boss:/> fuser -m /dev/sdd1
john@boss:/> lsof /dev/sdd1
and, yes, it does work if I list other drives, and it is the correct
But,can unmount at the command line:
john@boss:/> umount -v /dev/sdd1
Looks like the device notifier may be broke...? How to fix?
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] How to clone HDD
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] How to clone HDD
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Two problem installations of v11.2
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Device notifier sort of broken?