[opensuse] Re: Cannot read thumb drive, was: CD Won't Automount-

"Stephen P. Molnar" <s.molnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

either /dev/sdf1 or /dev/sdg6 should be your "thumb drive" and should
appear as one of the last entries you see from "mount". I would
assume that doing an "ls -la /media/" should show a new entry that is
your intresting drive.

see what you find

Here's what I find:

What is the output of:

,----
| fdisk -l
`----

in a root shell when the thumb drive is attached?

Charles

--
"If you want to travel around the world and be invited to speak at a lot
of different places, just write a Unix operating system."

  • Re: Managing various removable FAT drives
    ... The script is called as " usbmount ... This script can be run as user, because I have generic entries in ... they do not have a FAT filesystem the user will be unable to mount ... University of Cambridge, Zoology Department, Downing Street, CAMBRIDGE CB2 3EJ ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • hard drive mount points damaged - reinstall to fix?
    ... After the initial mount, which worked, I got ... to use the existing /dev entries to reinstall system files, ... those entries are bad, the install fails. ... Do you Yahoo!? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Partition mounting under RHEL4
    ... If I un-comment the /dev/sd* entries and restart the server I get an error about a bad superblock when it tries to mount the partitions. ... I reformatted them to ext3 when I found that Red Hat completely dropped xfs in RHEL4 but I did not change the label when I did the reformat. ...
    (RedHat)
  • first nfs mount in fstab fails
    ... which after the usual local disk entries has nfs ... the first mount consistently fails to mount. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: first nfs mount in fstab fails
    ... which after the usual local disk entries has nfs ... > On boot, the first mount consistently fails to mount. ... Is the NFS support compiled into the kernel or loaded as a module. ...
    (Debian-User)