Re: [opensuse] Beginner: How do I mount a floppy disk? Summary

John Andersen wrote:

On 11/27/2009 12:23 PM, Anders Johansson wrote:

Certainly not. All you really have to do is click on the "places"
entry called Floppy, when the floppy disk is inserted. There should
be no need to go to the command line at all

Exactly!

There are far too many old-schoolers weighing in on this thread with
advice from a bygone era, and totally ignoring Thomas' problem.

He clearly started the thread with the word Beginner. So why does
everyone insist on giving advice from the 80's and 90's when his
problem is clearly that of a new user using a current version,
[big snip]
But please, people stop with the command line incantations.

John, did you see anyone with GUI-based proposals/solutions being held
back or ignored? I didn't.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (6.6°C)

  • Re: [SLE] USB troubles upgrading from SuSE 9.0 to SuSE 9.1
    ... trouble getting my USB-Keyboard to run. ... And a lot of people seem to have the same problems because of the new driver ... hp 3320 printer and external floppy disk) very well. ... > this command ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Help Please!!! How do I get win2k connected to the internet?
    ... How about copying the file to a floppy disk or a flash ... Run the command on your office PC, ... them mark it up at home. ... but I can't get her internet connection working. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Does anyone know of a command line boot utility
    ... I would like to boot into a command ... the recovary console, whih is a very dos like console. ... you to copy files from the hard drive to floppy disk or, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Formatting Floppy
    ... Incoming from Barry Skidmore: ... > I have formatted a floppy disk with the following command: ... I am unable to mount it with the following command: ... everything BUT mount it. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • bootcd error code0xc000000f no vista
    ... message was 0xc000000e windows/system32/winload.exe i was giving advice ... :0xc000000f the last repair i tried was repairing the bootloader i start ... after this command i got a number,next command del c:\boot\bcd didnt ...