Re: [opensuse] Moz's use of gconf [Was: Thunderbird doesn't open a link in browser.]

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 08:56 -0500, Anton Aylward wrote:
G T Smith said the following on 12/01/2009 06:31 AM:
As I remember using a Sun box with a GUI interface in about 1985ish (and
it had been around for some time then),
Indeed. About 1983 for me.
The MAC came out in 1984, and I recall Windows followed other,
technically better products for the PC.

Such as what? GEM, GeoWorks, Quarterdeck? Ever look into developing
applications on those platforms? I did, at least for GEM and GeoWorks -
Microsoft Windows has *awesome* in comparison [ from a developers
perspective ]. Holy *@^*&^$ where those terrible platforms.