Re: [opensuse] Moz's use of gconf [Was: Thunderbird doesn't open a link in browser.]

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 08:56 -0500, Anton Aylward wrote:
G T Smith said the following on 12/01/2009 06:31 AM:
As I remember using a Sun box with a GUI interface in about 1985ish (and
it had been around for some time then),
Indeed. About 1983 for me.
The MAC came out in 1984, and I recall Windows followed other,
technically better products for the PC.

Such as what? GEM, GeoWorks, Quarterdeck? Ever look into developing
applications on those platforms? I did, at least for GEM and GeoWorks -
Microsoft Windows has *awesome* in comparison [ from a developers
perspective ]. Holy *@^*&^$ where those terrible platforms.

  • Re: [opensuse] Mozs use of gconf [Was: Thunderbird doesnt open a link in browser.]
    ... On Tuesday 01 Dec 2009 14:17:11 Adam Tauno Williams wrote: ... The MAC came out in 1984, and I recall Windows followed other, ... GEM, GeoWorks, Quarterdeck? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Track toy improvements:
    ... If you can't afford that get a good, not too old, used Corvette which will do everything the 360 will do cheaper (something like Windows vs. Mac) depending on driver ability. ... with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X) ... 'could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' -- 'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the ... 'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Macbook wifi troubleshooting help
    ... Mac OS X) ... 'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the ... 'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' ... (Edwin on Sun)- ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Light-peak
    ... > And Apple is apparently telling some of its European resellers to expect ... > Mac OS X) ... (Edwin on GEM) ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: iPhone thought from a non-iPhone user
    ... This is after all a Mac group. ... with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X) ... 'could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' -- 'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the ... 'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)