Re: [opensuse] Re: upgrade to 11.2 -- have graphical boot, but no desktop -- just a web-doc greeting.
- From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 11:55:13 -0500
On 2009/12/03 01:40 (GMT-0800) Linda Walsh composed:
Le 30/11/2009 11:12, Linda Walsh a écrit :
Not very useful if it boots up in desktop and you can't access anything.
look like you get only twm :-)
do you have kdm? (hat is the password prompt)? if so you have a choice
in the bottom left
No choice -- just a white plain login box.
I installed kde4 and gnome, but neither took -- I'd hoped to have a choice of desktops,
but instead I got none. Still haven't figured out how to create a desktop
on this beast.
Are you also unable to get to X via startx or startkde? Is any *kdm* installed?
I've stumbled into the big ugly login box a few times lately too. I'm not
sure whether I've figured out yet what causes it, but maybe I've found a fix.
I think it is because no kde*session rpm was installed at an appropriate
time. It may be that simply installing it won't fix the problem, but also
updating /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager's DISPLAYMANAGER= or some other config
file may be required.
" We have no government armed with power capable of
contending with human passions unbridled by morality and
religion." John Adams, 2nd US President
Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409
Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Re: upgrade to 11.2 -- have graphical boot, but no desktop -- just a web-doc greeting.
- Next by Date: [opensuse] KDE 4.3.4 Finally allows banishing Activities
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Re: upgrade to 11.2 -- have graphical boot, but no desktop -- just a web-doc greeting.
- Next by thread: [opensuse] Thunderbird 3.0b4