Re: [opensuse] NEW ATI-openSUSE driver site.
- From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 20:09:11 +0100
Why run Sax2? Because you have no xorg.conf for ATI to modify unless you
I don't have 11.2 running on my one system with ATI (since I'm stuck
with the x1200 which means 11.0 is the last openSUSE I can run there..
11.1 won't install on that machine)... so I don't know exactly what
ATI requires. With my nVidia systems I didn't have to run sax2 at all
to have them work. There was no need to run sax2 at all (as was
required up to 11.1)... even with the Beta nVidia binary driver that I
installed (I'm not using repo drivers).
There should be no need for running sax2 on most systems running 11.2
- as was discussed on the Factory list, it's only a few "corner" cases
that don't work with the autoconfig thing.
As for xorg.conf going away, I think you mis-understand. Its not
going away. Opensuse gens one up on the fly at boot time if none
Interestingly, there is no xorg.conf on my laptop (has an intel 945GME
video card)... I just double checked. So in that case.. xorg.conf has
gone away (or is hiding elsewhere than the usual /etc/X11 directory).
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] NEW ATI-openSUSE driver site = FAIL !!!
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] packages for oS 11.2
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] NEW ATI-openSUSE driver site.
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] NEW ATI-openSUSE driver site.