Re: [opensuse] Deleting unwanted directories in $HOME
- From: "ne..." <guhvies@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:00:54 +0000
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 10:50, Osamalamadingdong <akulkis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ne... wrote:That won't work because I'll still have the links in $HOME which
I have tried deleting all the directories thru System Settings that KDE
creates in $HOME as I do not need them nor what them. Eachtime I
restart X, KDE or my machine, they are all recreated. This is on oS 11.2
with KDE 4.3.4. On my oS 11 install, I do not have this problem.
My question is how can I once and for all delete these directories
permanently? They are: Documents, Download, Music, Pictures &
$ for F in Documents Download Music Pictures Videos
rm -rf $F
ln -s /dev/null $F
Tell us how it works out.
I want to get rid of entirely. Thanks tho.
Registered Linux User # 125653 (http://counter.li.org)
Now accepting personal mail for GMail invites.
Mike Ditka - "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have
given us arms." -
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Deleting unwanted directories in $HOME
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] checkinstall and opensuse 11.2 - partial solution
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Deleting unwanted directories in $HOME