Re: [opensuse] Re: Linux on a single computer

On Wednesday 16 December 2009 16:28:02 John E. Perry wrote:
jdd-gmane wrote:
Le 15/12/2009 14:52, Anton Aylward a écrit :
When I buy a laptop I've found that its advisable to keep the Windows
software on it in a partition that's shrunk as small as practical. Why?
Because when you call support they probably won't talk to you unless
they can step you through some basic diagnostics using Windows.

same here
jdd

If you've got a hp, be careful not to say the word "linux". I made that
mistake, and they immediately stopped talking to me, saying they
couldn't help unless my laptop was in its "original configuration".

John Perry

Thanks for the warning. This is looking worse post by post. I don't think
anyone will help you one to one with Linux. In my experience the only help you
can get is on lists like this or on a sort of of Ubuntu type help level on the
opensuse forum.
Lx