Re: [opensuse] Re: Linux on a single computer

On Wednesday 16 December 2009 16:28:02 John E. Perry wrote:
jdd-gmane wrote:
Le 15/12/2009 14:52, Anton Aylward a écrit :
When I buy a laptop I've found that its advisable to keep the Windows
software on it in a partition that's shrunk as small as practical. Why?
Because when you call support they probably won't talk to you unless
they can step you through some basic diagnostics using Windows.

same here
jdd

If you've got a hp, be careful not to say the word "linux". I made that
mistake, and they immediately stopped talking to me, saying they
couldn't help unless my laptop was in its "original configuration".

John Perry

Thanks for the warning. This is looking worse post by post. I don't think
anyone will help you one to one with Linux. In my experience the only help you
can get is on lists like this or on a sort of of Ubuntu type help level on the
opensuse forum.
Lx

  • Re: [opensuse] Creating a swap file
    ... for a long time were not possible under linux. ... swapping had to be to and from partitions. ... John Perry ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: John The Ripper For Win32
    ... Linux CD and you are good to go. ... John The Ripper For Win32 ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: [opensuse] antivirus
    ... John B Pace wrote: ... Now that you know it is none of your business, ... old time linux language that doe drive users away. ... They're for the purpose of protecting Windows clients ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] fstab: umount as user
    ... personal environment, file structure, and home-based programs. ... Doesn't this qualify as dynamically created on the local machine? ... John Perry ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] antivirus
    ... Sheesh, John, name one Linux virus. ... > I'm normally no-root except when I need to be in root. ... > see that you just came on board as far as downloaded files. ...
    (SuSE)