[opensuse] non-existant directories in PATH

i just did an install of 64-bit opensuse 11.2 and notice when i
examine my PATH in a konsole there are two directories that
simply don't exist:

/usr/lib/mit/bin
/usr/lib/mit/sbin

i see no benefit to leaving non-existant directories in PATH, and
would like to be rid of them, but have looked many places without
finding where they are coming from

some of where i have looked:

~/.bashrc
~/.profile
/etc/profile.d/profile.sh
/etc/bash.bashrc
/etc/profile

i'd like to fix it in the "right place" so upgrades don't unfix
it for me

any help will be appreciated

sc

  • Re: [opensuse] booting to command line instead of desktop
    ... How did you install which nvidia driver? ... i did the one-click install on the opensuse site from the new driver ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Switching to Opensuse from ubuntu
    ... I have been using that other distribution for some time now, but I am thinking about switching to openSUSE since it seems to have some nice and cool features compared to the other. ... How do i install .deb packages on opensuse? ... Us the 1-Click Install ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: [opensuse] sound
    ... Hm in opensuse 11.3 it worked ... and i think you're going to want a 'sudo' in front of that install command, ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] opensuse update
    ... I am using OpenSUSE 10.3. ... just checking OpenSUSE "oss" and "non-oss" repositories and no update was available. ... was visible and as I said 32 updates came up but it stops when I click to install. ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Turn off colors in vi or vim
    ... install. ... How can I turn off color in konsole? ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)