Re: [opensuse] restoring X setup after doom3 locks up

David C. Rankin wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
On my 10.3 system, doom3 will occasionally lock up, meaning I have to
kill it to get my system back. I switch to a virtual console and
kill the doom3 process, but when I return to KDE, my previous
resolution etc. hast not been not restored and I have no mouse. I
presume this is due to doom3 being killed and therefore not exiting
and properly.
How can I manually restore whatever the X settings were before I
started doom3?

Per,

Just ctrl+alt+f1 and 'ps axf' kill what you can identify as doom
related and then ctrl+alt+f7.

Hi David

exactly what I do now, but it doesn't restore the X config.

If no joy, then ctrl+alt+f1 and 'rcxdm stop' look for any hung X
processes with 'ps ax | grep X' and kill any remaining. Then rcxdm
start and it will throw you back to the greeter where you can start a
new session. (ATI fglrx driver by chance?)

Yep, but I don't want a new session, that's the main issue. I want my
old session back with all the open windows etc.

The graphics card is an ATI Radeon X1650.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (-1.5°C)

  • Re: [opensuse] restoring X setup after doom3 locks up
    ... kill it to get my system back. ... is due to doom3 being killed and therefore not exiting and properly. ... How can I manually restore whatever the X settings were before I ... xrandr --auto is the simplest way I can think of. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] restoring X setup after doom3 locks up
    ... kill it to get my system back. ... is due to doom3 being killed and therefore not exiting and properly. ... How can I manually restore whatever the X settings were before I ... xrandr --auto is the simplest way I can think of. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] restoring X setup after doom3 locks up
    ... I switch to a virtual console and kill ... the doom3 process, but when I return to KDE, my previous resolution ... due to doom3 being killed and therefore not exiting and properly. ... How can I manually restore whatever the X settings were before I started ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] restoring X setup after doom3 locks up
    ... On my 10.3 system, doom3 will occasionally lock up, meaning I have to ... I switch to a virtual console and kill ... How can I manually restore whatever the X settings were before I started ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: unkillable sids
    ... same sql  and the onstat -g ses are all the same. ... but the result is usually just the stack of what the thread ... the onmode command to kill sessions doesn't actually ... kill the session, it just sets a kill flag that needs to be checked ...
    (comp.databases.informix)