Re: [opensuse] restoring X setup after doom3 locks up

David C. Rankin wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
On my 10.3 system, doom3 will occasionally lock up, meaning I have to
kill it to get my system back. I switch to a virtual console and
kill the doom3 process, but when I return to KDE, my previous
resolution etc. hast not been not restored and I have no mouse. I
presume this is due to doom3 being killed and therefore not exiting
and properly.
How can I manually restore whatever the X settings were before I
started doom3?

Per,

Just ctrl+alt+f1 and 'ps axf' kill what you can identify as doom
related and then ctrl+alt+f7.

Hi David

exactly what I do now, but it doesn't restore the X config.

If no joy, then ctrl+alt+f1 and 'rcxdm stop' look for any hung X
processes with 'ps ax | grep X' and kill any remaining. Then rcxdm
start and it will throw you back to the greeter where you can start a
new session. (ATI fglrx driver by chance?)

Yep, but I don't want a new session, that's the main issue. I want my
old session back with all the open windows etc.

The graphics card is an ATI Radeon X1650.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (-1.5°C)