Re: [opensuse] USB times out cant see what's on drives(SOLVED)

On Tuesday 05 January 2010 10:02:05 Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Tuesday, 2010-01-05 at 16:13 +0100, Will Stephenson wrote:
Also check if nautilus is running, AFAIK it would handle this
under GNOME and is sometimes started by using GNOME apps.

The problem was solved by removing every kde3 program and replacing it with
whatever kde4 worked. Only problem was on reboot things were really screwed
up. An update install got things sorted out and now I can go back to playing.

Thanks for the tips, especially about the kde3 stuff. I had kde3 base as
well as kde4 base installed among others.

I made the changes this afternoon and it took til now, midnite, to get it back
to useable.

Makes a guy really love kde4.

Richard.

  • Re: [kde] Plasma documentation for KDE 4.3
    ... This isn't intended to be negative as there's some great stuff in kde4, ... and some things just can't be done quite like they were in kde3. ... Plasma Dashboard" ... ... but I have no idea what a "Plasma Dashboard" is, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Unpopulated Control-Center window
    ... kbuildsycoca is designed to bring in changes made thru non-kde means, ... dcop for kde3, now a common dbus, used by both kde4 and gnome, is the ... and whether the sysadmin has perhaps changed some settings, ... depending on whether a kde3 or kde4 app was run ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Yet another failed KDE release?
    ... microcosm of the larger kde3 -> kde4 debacle. ... mysql functionality (something about a mysql library for use in other ... to switch would have meant supporting kde3 thru kde 4.7 or so. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: openSUSE 11.3
    ... with KDE4. ... my desktops so they looked like my KDE3 desktop, ... versions of Windows and, of them, I prefer XP. ... I don't really want to play with virtualization on my production ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Ist Kubuntu eher Bananaware?
    ... Peter Lemken "Mal ein paar Eindruecke zu KDE 4.2 eines Umsteigers" ... einem ausgereiften Desktop (die KDE3 nunmal war) umzusteigen? ... Die Entwickler haben sich schließlich etwas dabei gedacht, ... dass einfach nur das alte Zeug weiter auf KDE4 hehievt ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)