Re: [opensuse] Opensuse 11.2, KDE4 Factory:, yast
- From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 02:35:10 +0100 (CET)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Sunday, 2010-01-10 at 12:10 -0000, ianseeks wrote:
Its the 1% where a manual set up will be required.
I was wondering how you change which driver the graphics card uses - e.g.. if
i wanted to change from the proprietary Nvidia (or ATI) driver to the open
source ones - how do i do it?
You just need the part of the configuration file with the change, leave the rest on automatic. I have a "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.nv" file which I copy to "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" or delete if I want the nv driver or the default, nvidia driver. No need to remove drivers.
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
thats all it has. Simple :-)
- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Strange file corruption problem
- Next by Date: [opensuse] D-Bus error under SSH
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Re: Opensuse 11.2, KDE4 Factory:, yast
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Opensuse 11.2, KDE4 Factory:, yast