[opensuse] Maximum number of partitons
- From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 20:38:33 +0100
What is the maximum number of partitions that can reside on a hard disk and/or can be handled by openSUSE?
(I know that max 4 primary, of which one can be extended, and the extended one has logical partitions.)
I read somewhere that some version of openSUSE can handle only a limited number of partitons (~10-12) if a given driver (libata or not the libata or ?) is choosen to handle disks. But I can't recall where I read this and in what extent it is correct. I've read the release notes of 11.0, 11.1 and 11.2 but did not find anything related. I am planning to make more than 10 partitions and I would like to see clearly.
I am using openSUSE 10.3 and experimenting with 11.1 and 11.2.
Thanks in advance,
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Where is the 11.0 Compiz 1-Click Install? Did novell drop support for 11.0 Early?
- Next by Date: Re: [Bulk] [opensuse] Maximum number of partitons
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Where is the 11.0 Compiz 1-Click Install? Did novell drop support for 11.0 Early?
- Next by thread: Re: [Bulk] [opensuse] Maximum number of partitons