[opensuse] Maximum number of partitons

Hello:

What is the maximum number of partitions that can reside on a hard disk and/or can be handled by openSUSE?
(I know that max 4 primary, of which one can be extended, and the extended one has logical partitions.)
I read somewhere that some version of openSUSE can handle only a limited number of partitons (~10-12) if a given driver (libata or not the libata or ?) is choosen to handle disks. But I can't recall where I read this and in what extent it is correct. I've read the release notes of 11.0, 11.1 and 11.2 but did not find anything related. I am planning to make more than 10 partitions and I would like to see clearly.
I am using openSUSE 10.3 and experimenting with 11.1 and 11.2.

Thanks in advance,
Istvan

  • [kde-linux] 20090721KL -- SOLVED -- Dolphin And Partitions
    ... their valuable comments and directions. ... be VERY helpful (especially when run on Jaunty). ... A couple of those partitions are dedicated to ... When I try to edit /etc/fstab in openSUSE, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] 20090721KL -- SOLVED -- Dolphin And Partitions
    ... their valuable comments and directions. ... A couple of those partitions are dedicated to ... I have been able to use (Jaunty) Dolphin to view ... When I try to edit /etc/fstab in openSUSE, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [opensuse] 2 TB RAID5 limit
    ... [opensuse] 2 TB RAID5 limit ... Is there a way around the 2 TB software RAID limit? ... partitions to the software raid array. ... in the Ubuntu and Debian mailing lists (the poster of this message ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Maximum number of partitions
    ... (I know that max 4 primary, of which one can be extended, and the extended one has logical partitions.) ... I am using openSUSE 10.3 and experimenting with 11.1 and 11.2. ... Using the openSUSE legacy storage driver appropriate for your chipset, ... Using the newer libata storage driver, the limit is 14using stock ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] 20090721KL -- Dolphin And Partitions
    ... My computer has a single hard disk drive -- but many ... A couple of those partitions are dedicated to ... I have been able to use (Jaunty) Dolphin to view ... When I try to edit /etc/fstab in openSUSE, ...
    (KDE)