Re: [opensuse] After 11.2 upgrade X kills mouse & keyboard

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Herbert Graeber <hgraeber@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Donnerstag 21 Januar 2010 20:50:19 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
One more issue in my upgrade saga.

I've done zypper dup a couple times and I appear to have a good
upgrade.  (I ran out of diskspace in the middle, so I may have some
corrupted packages.)

I have inittab set to boot to init 3 and all is well.

If I change that to init 5 or run startx, then I loose the
keyboard/mouse on the console.  I can still ssh in and my samba shares
still work.

Seems like there were some well known issues related to this with
11.2, but I can't find them currently.  Does anyone know the solution?

Remove (or better renmae) your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file. It's not needed
anymore in most cases and some times it make keyborad and mouse not work.

Herbert

I had tried that. Didn't work for me though some people state it did for them.

Boris.

  • Re: Re: [opensuse] Commnad for "Restart X" in opensuse-xgl-settings.
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] X session does not start automatically
    ... To start the session I have to log in as user, then log in as root, ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] saving boot-time console output
    ... Linda Walsh wrote: ... has booted and init has started running '/etc/rc.d/boot'? ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Currious question about dual head
    ... head work out on non X screens, ... if you dropped to init 3 for example. ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: [opensuse] ctrl-alt-backspace in 10.3 vs. 11.1
    ... I am starting X by using "init 5". ... are reporting ctrl-alt-bs will not drop them to the console. ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)