Re: [opensuse] After 11.2 upgrade X kills mouse & keyboard

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Herbert Graeber <hgraeber@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Donnerstag 21 Januar 2010 20:50:19 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
One more issue in my upgrade saga.

I've done zypper dup a couple times and I appear to have a good
upgrade.  (I ran out of diskspace in the middle, so I may have some
corrupted packages.)

I have inittab set to boot to init 3 and all is well.

If I change that to init 5 or run startx, then I loose the
keyboard/mouse on the console.  I can still ssh in and my samba shares
still work.

Seems like there were some well known issues related to this with
11.2, but I can't find them currently.  Does anyone know the solution?

Remove (or better renmae) your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file. It's not needed
anymore in most cases and some times it make keyborad and mouse not work.

Herbert

I had tried that. Didn't work for me though some people state it did for them.

Boris.