Re: [opensuse] KDE3

On 1/24/10, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know, and those who jumped at KDE 4.0 and 4.1 were doubly struck.
But in my opinion KDE 4.4 is much improved and is intuitive to the
point where one does not have to be familiar with it to configure it.
I mean that, and I never thought that I would say that!

Configuration is a HUGE pain. But then again, the new YaST2 sucks as
well. Too much going on for no good reason.

I know, that is why I need your help! If things are not intuitive,
then please let me know and I will file a bug and get the usability
team on it. I think that most of "what is missing" is actually "done a
little / a lot different" but for the most part I am satisfied with
the new way of doing things. Again, I never thought that I would say
that about KDE 4!
It won't work or look like KDE 3. But it will let you do the same
things, and will need very little fussing about (apart from resizing,
which is still a pain). Please, please let me know what is not
intuitive for you about the panel! And doubly so for missing features.

KDE4 is SLOW! Especially on older hardware. Kinda like Vista.

No on asked if we wanted all these new changes. I don't use much of
what KDE3 offered, but I have yet to see ANY reason to go to KDE4.
Personally, I'm looking at other lighter desktops. KDE4 just isn't
what I want on my desktop.