Re: [opensuse] NT_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED listing resource from Windows 7 host

On 01/25/2010 11:53 AM, Greg Freemyer pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Ken Schneider - openSUSE
<suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/25/2010 11:30 AM, Roger Oberholtzer pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 12:35 -0300, Ciro Iriarte wrote:
2010/1/25 Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>:
On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 00:43 -0300, Ciro Iriarte wrote:
I'm trying to access some public shares from a Windows 7 new host,
they're shared to "anonymous logon" too, but I can't even list them.
Anybody had to deal with something like this?

Not really an answer, but more of an exploration of alternatives: I know
that Windows 7 comes with an NFS client, but does it come with a NFS
server as well?

Not really sure, but this share must be accessible from other XP
machines as well.

But they are currently working, right? It is just the Windows 7 clients
that have the issue?

I am curious what you find because I hear rumors that a thousand or so
PCs here will go from XP to W7. These will need access to Linux CIFS
shares. Unless NFS works well. I think one issue with NFS will be how it
authenticates the mounts from W7 clients. CIFS/SAMBA have that better
sorted. I have not really looked at that.

I took the OP as having problems accessing shares on a W7 host from a
linux client or am I wrong.

I took it the other way.

W7 client => Linux Samba server

Greg

Well, the subject line says "_from_ Windows 7 _host_" and in the body of
the email "_from_ a Windows 7 new _host_"

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998