Re: [opensuse] Best KDE4 Trick In A While - Moving the Cashew to the top-left of the desktop (no I didn't know)
- From: John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 21:34:50 -0800
On 2/10/2010 4:40 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
This will obviously draw a "Duh??" response from most of you, but for those that don't know you can do this, it may remove a frustration with kde4.
For me the peanut/cashew has always been a pain, not because it doesn't work -- it works just fine, but it always prevented me from configuring the top-right corner of my desktop the way I wanted. Basically the blooming peanut was always in the way. So out of frustration, I just put my mouse on it clicked -> held-down and dragged that sucker out of the way and -- it worked! First I just moved it down far enough to put my digital clock in the corner -- finally.
When you put it on an edge, the cashew has a nice rectangular tab. Next I put it in the top-left corner out of my desktop and it returned to the normal 1/4 circle corner widget. Give it a go if you need to recapture one corner of your desktop.
Yup. Mine found its way to the top left corner as well.
For me the reason I wanted to do this was I test KDE in a Virtual machine, and that
VM is not always the same size window, (some times its maximized, some times its not)
and the cashew was off screen.
I see no valid reason to put it top right. Its not where people
normally look for that sort of stuff.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: [opensuse] nvidia sound chip don't work
- Next by Date: [opensuse] ECS A785GM-M & ATI RADEON HD 4200 + Opensuse 11.1
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Best KDE4 Trick In A While - Moving the Cashew to the top-left of the desktop (no I didn't know)
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Best KDE4 Trick In A While - Moving the Cashew to the top-left of the desktop (no I didn't know)