Re: [opensuse] Why no Reply-To?

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 07:09:33PM +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
As I had mentioned...I'm new to this list. But, I am wondering why the
mailing list software isn't configured to add a "Reply-To:" header?

See http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_mailing_list_netiquette there is a
section 'Personal and mail list answers ' about this.

See also http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/lkml/#s3-20 with pointers
to Chip Rosenthal's summary 'Reply-To: Munging Considered Harmful' at

I've also fixed the 'See also' section of the OpenSUSE mailing list
netiquette page. Now the statement fits to the defaults of the openSUSE
lists. I've already smacked myself. ;)

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]
Samba Team

  • Re: very strange pthread problem
    ... The worker threads need access to a class member function or two. ... STL vector so each index into the vector points to the list of pointers ... it's just storing the pointers to the STL lists and the vector ... Then I moved the whole thing to a single cpu Linux ...
    (comp.programming.threads)
  • Re: Standard containers (Was: Wiki by the committee closed?)
    ... Since a fixed size is certainly enough for an iterator, ... bad pointers, overflows, and maybe even CONTAINER_ERROR_INDEX), why not ... be reported if a container is accessed out of bounds. ... OUR list elements never change when you add something to our lists. ...
    (comp.std.c)
  • Re: Implementing Lisp in C?
    ... What I did was to pack the pointers ... it meant bigger header blocks on boxed objects, ... Whenever the "to-visit" list becomes empty, ... both the garbage and to-visit lists are empty, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Fat references
    ... My original motivation was to evade typeless null pointers that afflict ... massively degrading the performance of most uses of lists. ... which I can similarly allocate out ... it also mixes much better with C than with tagged references, ...
    (comp.compilers)
  • Re: Newbie question about "cons"?
    ... cons structure is just a list of conses jointed by cdr pointers, ... can substitute an array consisting entirely of "car" pointers. ... CDR-coding ALLOWS lists to have cells allocated ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)