Re: [opensuse] DVD problems
- From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 18:18:36 +0000
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
G T Smith wrote:
Douglas McGarrett wrote:
Two DVD's installed in a Fry's computer, unknown mobo.
First one (sd0) set as master, second one set as slave.
YaST hardware detect shows drives as
CD-RW SOHR-5239V (/dev/sr0)
DVD Writer 1040F (/dev/sr1)
I am reasonably certain that the first drive is a DVD also.
Is there any way to tell?
wodim -dev=<device name> -prcap
at the CLI
should report the device capabilities
you may need to be root
for more info
oops, should be ...
wodim dev=<device name> -prcap
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with SUSE - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] DVD problems
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] DVD problems
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] DVD problems