Re: [opensuse] DVD problems
- From: Bob Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 18:28:49 +0000
On Sunday 14 Feb 2010 18:18:36 G T Smith wrote:
G T Smith wrote:Both versions of that command work here ;)
Douglas McGarrett wrote:
Two DVD's installed in a Fry's computer, unknown mobo.
First one (sd0) set as master, second one set as slave.
YaST hardware detect shows drives as
CD-RW SOHR-5239V (/dev/sr0)
DVD Writer 1040F (/dev/sr1)
I am reasonably certain that the first drive is a DVD also.
Is there any way to tell?
wodim -dev=<device name> -prcap
at the CLI
should report the device capabilities
you may need to be root
for more info
oops, should be ...
wodim dev=<device name> -prcap
Registered Linux User #463880 FSFE Member #1300
GPG-FP: A6C1 457C 6DBA B13E 5524 F703 D12A FB79 926B 994E
openSUSE 11.2, Kernel 188.8.131.52-0.1-desktop, KDE 4.3.5
Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz, 4GB DDR RAM, nVidia GeForce 9600GT
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Why no Reply-To?
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] DVD problems
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] DVD problems