Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: [opensuse] Need to Shrink /home and grow / -- Any Gotchas before I do it??

Anton Aylward said the following on 02/20/2010 09:53 AM:
Anton Aylward said the following on 02/20/2010 08:29 AM:
Bob S said the following on 02/19/2010 10:28 PM:

Now, maybe it was my ignorance on not knowing how to do it. But !!
So the question remains. Do you dual or multiple boot successfully using
exclusively LVM ?

Maybe this helps
http://www.justlinux.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=147959

And more

http://www.justlinux.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152403
Dual booting Fedora and openSuse

http://www.linuxquestions.org/blog/fritzp-447197/2009/6/6/grub-cannot-access-lvm-partition-anymore-2017/

http://lwn.net/Articles/338337/
<quote>
While Ubuntu is switching later this year, openSUSE currently has no
plans to switch to GRUB 2 in its next release, version 11.2
According to Jaeger, the openSUSE developers have so far not received a
single request to move to GRUB 2
</quote>

http://en.opensuse.org/Portable_SUSE
The "Using the Linux Volume Manager (LVM) for root on the USB disk "
shows some hacking of mkinitrd

http://en.opensuse.org/Encrypted_Root_File_System
http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/03/18/encrypted-root-file-system-on-lvm/

--
Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff.
Frank Zappa